EventStoreDB is built to support Event Sourcing. We support idempotent writes and reading events from individual streams.
gRPC for clients
Using gRPC protocol for client-server communication allows us to provide SDKs for a wide range of languages and platforms.
EventStoreDB stores your data as a series of immutable events over time, providing one of the strongest audit log options available (characteristics similar to a blockchain).
# Latest updates
# 30 December 2020
- preview Extended gRPC clients page with documentation and samples for writing and reading events, subscribing to streams.
# 23 December 2020
- Added Cloud EventStoreDB in Azure documentation.
# 19 December 2020
- Improve subscriptions documentation documentation.
# 6 November 2020
- Fixes for the deployment configurator.
- preview Added the combined gRPC clients page.
# 28 October 2020
- Many fixes in v5 server documentation.
- Documentation for v20 server essentially covers everything.
- preview Server configurator for v20 is available!
# 12 October 2020
- We have added the initial version of the Cloud docs, including detailed instructions for provisioning resources in AWS and GCP.